The Midyear Mayhem encore event begins on Thursday, January 10 at 10:00AM EST and will run until Monday, January 21 at 10:00AM EST. Throughout this merciless event, you’ll win bonus rewards by participating in the Alliance War, Battlegrounds, and the fight to control the Imperial City. Here’s how you can get in on the action:
- Navigate to the in-game Crown Store and acquire and activate the “Details on the Midyear Mayhem” ticket
- Travel to your faction’s main gate in Cyrodiil from the Alliance War menu
- Locate the NPC called “Predicant Maera” and acquire the quest titled “Midyear Mayhem”
- Note if you already completed the quest last year, you won’t need to do it again
- Complete the quest to receive your Scroll of Pelinal’s Ferocity and a Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Box
- Use the scroll to activate a two-hour, 100% buff in the Alliance War, Imperial City, and Battlegrounds to:
- Alliance Points gained
- XP gains for PvP player kills
As always, you can keep the Scroll of Pelinal’s Ferocity and re-use it throughout the event. If you’ve lost your scroll, don’t worry, you can acquire another from Predicant Maera for 100 gold or 100 Alliance Points.
As in previous events, you can earn a unique Midyear Mayhem collectible available only during this event: the Midyear Victor’s Laurel Wreath.
To unlock this collectible, complete these seven Midyear Mayhem Achievements:
- Mayhem Connoisseur: Receive the blessing of the Whitestrake at one of the Alliance Gates during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Echo of Pelinal’s Fury: Read a Scroll of Pelinal’s Ferocity during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Hand of the Whitestrake: Acquire your 25th Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Box.
- Wrath of the Whitestrake: Defeat 50 opponents during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Pelinavant the Scourge: Win a Battleground match during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Pelinaline the Bloody: Capture a Keep in Cyrodiil during the Midyear Mayhem.
- Pelinerrif Insurgent: Capture an Imperial District during the Midyear Mayhem.
Note that access to the Imperial City DLC game pack is required in order to earn all of the above Achievements.
THE SPOILS OF VICTORY
When battling your fellow players in PvP during the Midyear Mayhem event, you’ll receive Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Boxes when you receive your regular Rewards for the Worthy containers AND as rewards from various PvP daily quests. These dailies include the repeatable Town, Battle, Bounty, Conquest, Scouting, and Warfront quests in Cyrodiil and the Battlegrounds repeatable quests.
Pelina’s Midyear Boon Boxes have a chance to contain the following items:
- Transmute Crystals
- Alchemy reagents
- PvP consumables such as repair kits, forward camps, and siege weapons
- Motif pages for the Alliance and Akaviri styles
- Style items for your Alliance
- Akaviri style items
- Coldharbour siege weapons
- Prismatic Runestones
- Books of Pelinal housing items
In addition to this, during the event, harvesting nodes for both Cyrodiil and the Imperial City will drop double their regular resources, and the Cyrodiil merchant known as “The Golden” will stock Alliance War Legendary-quality jewelry (necklaces during the first weekend and rings during the second). Note that The Golden will not stock the PvP rings and necklaces introduced with Update 20. This includes Indomitable Fury, Spell Strategist, Battlefield Acrobat, Soldier of Anguish, Steadfast Hero, and Battalion Defender sets.
CLAIM EVENT TICKETS
Throughout Midyear Mayhem you can also earn Event Tickets and purchase the first of the Indrik Berries required to evolve your Nascent Indrik mount into a Dawnwood Indrik mount. This event’s berries are called Dawnwood Berries of Bloom.
- To earn Event Tickets during this event, complete any of the following PvP daily quests:
- Battleground quests from Battlemaster Rivyn
- Scouting, Bounty, Battle, Warfront, and Conquest Missions
- Elder Scroll capture and recapture quests
- Town quests in Vlastarus, Bruma, Cropsford, Cheydinhal, and Chorrol
When you complete one of these quests, you’ll receive two Event Tickets in addition to your regular rewards. Note that you can earn only two tickets per day per account and they’ll reset at 1:00AM EST each morning.
Once you have acquired 10 Event Tickets, you can trade them in to the Impresario (located at a special booth in Daggerfall in Glenumbra, Davon’s Watch in Stonefalls, and Vulkhel Guard in Auridon) for either an Indrik Feather or the new Dawnwood Berries of Bloom. You can acquire 22 Event Tickets during this event, and the Impresario will continue to sell all Feathers throughout, meaning if you’re still working on getting your Nascent Indrik, you have a chance to catch up!