The Undaunted are a faction of dungeon-delving adventurers who set the scene for each of the Group Dungeons and Trials that can be found in the world. The locations of each of the base-game dungeons can be discovered by talking to Undaunted members within the tavern in the main city of each zone, while DLC dungeons become accessible upon unlocking the related DLC. Note that all dungeons and trials can be travelled to directly from a Wayshrine once you have learned their location.
The Undaunted skill line focuses on group utility, and provides skills which aid allies in group combat as well as dealing wide-ranging damage. All of the abilities give the opportunity to activate synergy. To gain reputation with them, you must complete Dungeon Achievements (not including those in the Public Dungeons section), Pledges and delve dailies.
How to join The Undaunted
Turuk Redclaws in Vulkhel Guard, Auridon – Begins Banishing the Banished.
Mighty Mordra in Spindleclutch, Glenumbra – Begins Deadly Whispers.
Kailstig the Axe in Davon’s Watch, Stonefalls – Begins Kings of the Grotto.
There are 3 Daily quests, and these can be run at any difficulty. Running them on Normal rewards 1 Pledge Key. Running them on Veteran rewards 1 Pledge Key and 1 Monster Mask of that Dungeon. Running them on Veteran *hard mode* rewards 2 Pledge Keys along with the Monster Mask of the Dungeon. This means players can potentially acquire 6 Keys a day, if they run each Pledge on Veteran and get the Challenge.
*Veteran hard mode: right before the boss fight, there is a scroll on the ground (Scroll of Glorious Battle)…. activating it will increase the difficulty. These hard mode bosses also reward a collectible Undaunted bust of that boss for furnishing your home.
Each NPC will give players a quest from the following pools and players can use their Pledge Keys to open one of 3 chests, granting a shoulder piece (as well as other loot) from that pool.
- Banished Cells I (Shadowrend)
- Banished Cells II (Maw of the Infernal)
- Darkshade Caverns I (Sentinel of Rkugamz)
- Darkshade Caverns II (Engine Guardian)
- Elden Hollow I (Chokethorn)
- Elden Hollow II (Nightflame )
- Fungal Grotto I (Kra’gh)
- Fungal Grotto II (Spawn of Mephala)
- Spindleclutch I (Swarm Mother)
- Spindleclutch II (Blood Spawn)
- Wayrest Sewers I (Slimecraw)
- Wayrest Sewers II (Scourge Harvester)
Glirion the Redbeard
- Arx Corinium (Sellistrix)
- Blackheart Haven (Pirate Skeleton)
- Blessed Crucible (Troll King)
- City of Ash I (Infernal Guardian)
- City of Ash II (Valkyn Skoria)
- Crypt of Hearts I (Ilambris)
- Crypt of Hearts II (Nerien’eth)
- Direfrost (Iceheart)
- Selene’s Web (Selene)
- Tempest Island (Stormfist)
- Vaults of Madness (Grothdarr)
- Volenfell (Tremorscale)